Thursday, December 20, 2012

Trust me... I am NOT racist!

So, for those of you who do not know this, I was married once before Joe.

On our honeymoon to Cancun we went shopping in downtown Cancun where all the small shops are where you can barter (it is actually preferred!) and I was looking for GECKO earrings.

Ok, so if you know me, you know that I can be extra stupid sometimes. Hense my story...

We are shopping and I am looking at earrings. This male shop-keeper comes up to me and asks me 'what-cho wand?' ('what do you want' is the meaning I think)and I very loudly and animated say 'I want GRINGO earrings!'

This fine mexican gentleman says 'YYYEEESSS' with a huge smile but doesn't move or try to help me.

I then say, 'GRINGO EARRINGS!'... 'YYYEEESSS' he says. Now I am starting to get frustrated that he is laughing at me and not helping me at all.

This happens at least 10,000 times more before my newlywed husband tells me what I am doing... UGGGGGGG!!!!!

I didn't buy any earrings that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment