Tuesday, October 16, 2012

UPDATE: I'm not ashamed... of myself anyway...

UPDATE: Today is November 24th... I have not been contacted by "this person" yet.

I have heard from other family members (did I mention this was family? So much for blood is thicker than water...) that this person knows about this post.

I want you to know that I am saddened by this but I know that I am not wrong here.

I also have to say that I am not willing to let this go right now, if ever. Not until I receive an apology of any kind...

-----------------------------------------------

Recently I have gotten some feedback on my last post. It has been questioned why I have written about my depression, anxiety and bi-polar disorder. Why would I want to make this public?

Because it is part of me and I am not ashamed.

So here are some other things I am not ashamed of:

  1. I have blonde hair.
  2. I have blue eyes
  3. I am 5'8" tall
  4. I am 185 pounds (oh, is this one too much?)
  5. I am 40 years old.
  6. I am married.
  7. I have 2 dogs.
This list can continue and I am not ashamed of any of these things. In the same exact way am not I ashamed of my disorders. Should I be ashamed of any of these numbered things in your opinion? Of course not, so why should I hide anything else? Please, I am demanding your answer here.

The problem is not my disorders. The problem is ignorance. This is not taboo, it is real folks. Many people would be better in social situations and in life-in-general if 'we' were not judged. 'We' don't deserve it. The more knowledge shared and understood would help us all coexist happily. We all have flaws and this is only one of my crosses-to-bear. I am one of millions! I will gladly give you all the information you need to understand anyway you are most comfortable. This would bring me nothing but respect for you to come forward with any issues you may have with me to me and not in criticism. Here is your open invitation to make this right.

I have said it before, I will say it again. I am awesome! And I am not ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment